This function is only available in Nero Express that is included in Nero Multimedia Suite.
If you use Nero BackItUp & Burn you can always upgrade to Nero Multimedia Suite at www.nero.com to get all the multimedia functions.
With Nero Express you can burn an AVCHD video disc made up of AVCHD video files from your hard drive or camcorder. The AVCHD video disc can be burned to a DVD as usual, or to a Blu-ray Disc. Burning to a Blu-ray Disc has the benefit that it offers more space than a DVD.
AVCHD video on DVD is compatible to the specification of a Blu-ray Disc. However, playback is not guaranteed on all Blu-ray players.
You can use Nero Express to burn an AVCHD video disc if the complete folder structure including premastered files is already available.
In Nero Express it is not possible to create a DVD-Video, an AVCHD video, or a BDMV-Video from video files. You can convert video files to DVD-Video, to AVCHD video, or BDMV-Video in Nero Vision for example. Nero Vision is included in the full version of Nero Multimedia Suite. More information about Nero Vision is available on the Web site www.nero.com, and more information about video editing is available in the separate Nero Vision manual.
To compile an AVCHD video disc, proceed as follows:
- Click the Videos menu icon in the Nero Express start screen.
- The video options are displayed.
- Click the AVCHD(TM) Files (BD) or AVCHD(TM) Files (DVD) option.
- The AVCHD(TM) Files compilation screen is displayed.
- Click the Add button.
- The Add files and folders window is opened.
- Select the AVCHD video files that you would like to add to the compilation and click the Add button.
- Click the Close button.
- The AVCHD video files are added to the compilation and are displayed in the compilation screen.
- Click the Next button.
- You have successfully compiled an AVCHD video disc and can now burn this compilation.
AVCHD is an HD capturing format for camcorders. It is used for DVDs but compatible to Blu-ray Discs.